Thursday 21 February 2013

This is Me....

          I am Ranjini V iyer. I hail from the the poor man's ooty - Udumalpet which was earlier in Coimbatore district and now delimited under Tirupur district. I was a grandparents' kiddo. I always was dependent upon my grandparents. They made me into a complete "self" which was later refined by my mother. I was a silent nerd in my school which I completed in Udumalpet. I was obsessed with studies from then on. I was admitted for BCA at PSG R Krishnammal College for Women, Coimbatore. This is where i got loads of opportunities to explore my passions. I was the Secretary of my department. I explored my leadership quality, singing, speaking, debating, organizing events, etc. If there was any activity in my college, one could surely find me in there. My college was a gateway for bringing out my passions. I always have dreamt of being an IAS officer since my granpa used to say me about of how nice being an IAS. So i thought i could give a try on UPSC exams once i finished my BCA. This is when i shifted to Chennai. On the sidelines of the preparation, i completed my MBA HR in distance education from Periyar University. My interest in Geography was grown when i started preparing for UPSC exams. This made me to decide to go for a combined masters in geography and Doctoral degree in Remote Sensing & GIS which I am pursuing now.
          My passion for singing is right from my childhood. My mom is a music graduate. i was brought up by hearing the sapthaswaras. This imbibed music in me. Raja sir's songs were my all time companion even while i am studying. I started learning music. My mom is my Guru. First opportunity into the recording studio made me to dig more into the music field. I started learning more of music. Music Director Athish Uthrian uncle gave me a golden opportunity for recording 4 songs in an Album called "Siva Ranjini". I was lucky to share the space with great singers like Mano sir, Unnikrishnan sir, Unni Menon sir and Madhu Balakrishnan sir. This is just a great beginning. Looking forward for more in this field.
          Love for music dint stop with singing alone. I was inspired by Uthrian uncle to learn guitar. Now i am learning guitar from Uthrian uncle.
          I travel a lot especially to click. I love seeing the world through the lens of my camera. It gives me a positive sense. Smaller things which are mostly unnoticed are so vital when looked through my camera. My dad gifted me with Nikon D3100. This was the beginning of my hunt for clicks. Go Explore - an international travel magazine published one of my clicks in their inaugural issue which is considered as a great beginning for my photographic interest.
          I love and enjoy driving especially long drives. I was taught to drive two-wheeler when i was in class 4 by my maternal uncle, Seshadri. When i was in class 7, my interest for driving moved into four-wheeler. I love driving cars.
          With my Dad's blessings and support of my Mom, i wish i could explore more in my fields.
          

2 comments: